PDA

View Full Version : worn cartilage

Unregistered
05-09-2012, 10:37 AM
I've been having pain in my knees for abt 3 mnth! After going to the dr, doing blood test for arthritis the results came back clear! My dr says it's due to worn out cartilage! What's the cause for it and home remedies! I also started getting pain in my hands (wrist and knuckles) any advice? Only 27 yrs and moderately active!

Dr Joy Saville
06-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Worn cartilage generally results from overuse or misuse. In Tibb, we say that certain temperaments are more susceptible to conditions that affects the bone, muscles, joints, ligaments, cartilage etc. This is the melancholic temperament which has qualities of Coldness and Dryness. It is likely that you possess this temperament as you have developed pains in the hands. The philosophy of Tibb in the treatment of disease is that of opposites. In your case your conditions are all Cold & Dry in nature, therefore treatment will encourage heat and moistness in the body. please check www.tibb.co.za for diet charts for these specific qualities. But a few general changes can be made.

Keep the affected areas warm
Take regular warm baths with added epsom salts. Epsom salts contain magnesium which is good joint, muscle, bone etc
Avoid cold and refrigerated foods and drinks. Eat and drink only room temperature and warm food stuffs
Strictly avoid foods and drinks that have a high sugar content such as soda's, white breads, cakes etc. Sugar causes acidity in the body which can accumulate in joints
Massage affected areas regularly with blackseed rub. This increases blood flow and heat in the areas of pain
Do light exercises. Exercise is a fundamental part of being healthy, but exercise can also be detrimental to certain temperaments if done excessively. I would suggest doing activities like yoga, swimming and walking (low pressure exercises). If you play sports a proper warm up is essential. Make sure to stretch every area of your body for at least 30 minutes when doing more strenuous activities.
Make a concoction of 1tsp honey, 1tsp olive oil and 1 cup of warm water. Drink daily 30 minutes before breakfast. This increases heat and moistness in the body. Olive oil is rich in omega's which helps keep joints well lubricates.

Use kalmag from Natura as it has many essential minerals to feed cartilage, bones etc
Take a good omega 3,6, and 9 supplement as this has anti-inflammatory properties. Look for the brand "the real thing" as this is natural and not synthetic vitamins. Also try to eat oily fish like salmon twice a week
Go for regular cupping sessions. Cupping is not only great to assist long term healing and prevent further damage but it also blocks pain receptors in the brain. You can find the closest tibb practitioner on www. satibb.co.za