PDA

View Full Version : cutting hair

Unregistered
04-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Alhamdulillah, I have been growing my hair for the past year now as I know cutting hair is not permissable for ladies. Recently a friend of mine told me that her husband enquired from an aalim who informed him that it was ok for her to cut her hair short as long as she wore a scarf outside the home. Is this ok? As my husband likes for me to have a shorter hairstyle. Please advise. Jazakallah khair for your time

Mufti Yusuf Moosagie
04-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Alahamdulillah! sister what you have been doing for the last year- growing your hair-is the correct thing to do. May Allah reward you. What you friend told you is erroneous and incorrect. All women are obliged to wear a scarf all the time, so that will not make a difference. Furthermore, there is no obedience to the creation in the disobedience of Allah. Hence, your husband’s preference for short hair will not be considered. And Allah knows best

Unregistered
04-09-2012, 06:36 PM
Jazakallah for the response

Unregistered
04-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Assalamualaikum
Respected Mufti when answers are given please do considers others opinions and not simply regard theirs as incorrect. With regards to the hair issue, we do not know whether the sister is Hanafi or not whilst we are very aware of the view of Moulana Taha Karan (may Allah protect him)
عفوا
اذا كان فيه اذاء تقبل الله جهدك و الخدمات

Nanima
05-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Jzk for letting us know. It is true that there are different schools of thought and in future inshaAllah will try and take that into account. Please if people ask question to mention what school of thought following so we can get the mufti or aalim to answer or direct to a scholar that is according to your school of thought..