PDA

View Full Version : Bed Wetting

Unregistered
23-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Hi, My 5yr old started wetting the bed again, help!! She mastered potty training at 2yrs old and recently she started bed wetting. I have been very observant
no sexual abuse or molestation. I just need to know how to get this to stop. Thanks.

Dr Joy Saville
24-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Bedwetting in children in pre and primary school is quite common. Accidents do occasionally happen, but should be dealt with tender loving care. Bedwetting can be related to a number of problems including emotional or family issues. I've had a number of little ones tell me about their fears of snakes under the bed or something quite irrational. It can also result from bladder weakness, but given the fact that she's developed this after 3 years of potty training, the likelihood is slim. Many food products and drinks contain additives which can irritate the bladder and so correcting her diet is incredibly important. According to Tibb, nocturnal enuresis is associated with Cold qualities. Therefore encouraging a lifestyle that promotes heat is important. A few things to avoid includes orange juice, milk, chocolate or any refrigerated foods and drinks. The intake of room temperature water should be encouraged over juices and soda's. And the last fluid intake should be at least 2 hours before bedtime.

Medication that can be used includes Tibb Stress away syrup. There's another product called Neo, however this is only available from Tibb practitioners. In addition to stress away you can also try homeopathic drops called dry night by Feelgood health. You would have to check at your health shops for this product, or alternatively you can order it online

It is always important to rule out any serious causes of bedwetting by consulting with your GP first

Unregistered
25-08-2012, 12:19 PM
I wet the bed till i was old in primary school. I didnt have any emotional problems and till now i cannot think of what the problem was, however all of a sudden it just stopped. I was very embarrassed and the more i feared bedwetting the more it happened. Just be patient, dont let the child drink liquids 2 hours before sleep, and dont ever shout the child

Unregistered
25-08-2012, 03:57 PM
My son will be 5 in a month and he has neva stayed dry during th night! He is fully potty trained during th day from th age of 2yrs and 6mnths! It was so hard 4 me 2 accept and I js didn't know wat I cld do! Than it came 2 my attention that bedwetting ran in my in-laws family!spoke 2 my paed in desperation and he says he will not medically treat this esp cos their is a history of bedwetting in the family and becos he is a boy! Ioften feel so alone in ths struggle and feel sorry 4 my son who tries his best! I make dua it js rectifies itself! My son also is a very well-rounded brave and courageous boy who isn't scared of anything so I doubt its a physical thing! Low muscle tone cld be a contributing factor