PDA

View Full Version : Weight Loss

Unregistered
08-08-2012, 02:54 PM
My husband is morbidly obese! He is 5"10 and weighs in at 380lbs! He has tried many diets but it has made him gain more weight! I told him about the slim band, but he said he is scared! What else can I do to help him? It is affecting our marriage! :(

Dr Joy Saville
16-08-2012, 10:43 AM
Losing weight and maintaining good health is a lifestyle. There are no quick fixes. This often requires making changes to all aspect of your life, not only diet. He needs to start exercising. Starting with a few minutes a day and building up to at least a half an hour. Also i would advise that he joins a program like weigh less where he has a support system and people he can talk and relate to. Also i found this system to have a very balanced approach to weight loss and the food proportions can be adopted for life. He needs to sleep for 7-8 hours a night. A lack of sleep has been found to affect our eating habits. However, he should not sleep for longer than this. Many people who over eat or go on food binges do so as a way to deal with negative emotions. He needs to find a better outlet to replace food. He can write it down and burn it, or speak to a friend or take a walk. The replacement will depend on what best suits him. He can go for regular massages and cupping. This will help with blood circulation, elimination of toxins from the body and supports the vital organs. He should also practice breathing exercises every day. There are 2 exercises he should focus on. Slow and deep breathing exercises - this will help him better deal with negative emotions, will assist in emotional elimination and help him adopt normal rhythmic breathing. oxygen is essential for our metabolism to work efficiently and often obese people don't breathe properly. The other breathing exercise he should perform is fast and deep breathing exercises. This will increase heat in his body so that he uses more energy - using energy means more calories are burned.

I definitely think you need to find a practitioner or someone who can walk this path with you as it is not always an easy one. There are various drugs and herbal medications available to assist in weight loss, but these are not miracle drugs and your husband will still have to put in a lot of hard work.

Please drop me an email so that we can chat further about this matter