PDA

View Full Version : Please help - Bed wetting!!!

Unregistered
10-01-2013, 04:30 AM
Slmz

Can anyone help me?
My son is 5 years old and still wets the bed at night!
He just doesn't seem to know how to get out of bed at night and go to the toilet.

I dont want to point fingers, as i am to blame too, but when i was potty training him, my husband felt sorry for him saying he is still a baby, so he has been in nappies since he was born and now wears pull-ups........on most nights his pull-ups are dry, but when i get him to just wear his underpants he wets.

I get so mad with myself for listening to my husband, he could have been properly toilet trained by now.

My son still sleeps with us at night (since birth)...could this be a contributing factor??

Is this something he will grow out of?

Please help, I dont want him to get embarrassed and i dont want to do or say the wrong thing to him....please help!!

Dr Joy Saville
15-01-2013, 04:41 PM
There are many causes for nocturnal enuresis or bedwetting. It is really important that you take your son to his paediatrician to determine the cause of the bed wetting as the treatment thereof will ultimately depend on the underlying factors

Please visit http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/Nocturnal-Enuresis-in-Children.htm for more information about nocturnal enuresis and its possible causes