View Full Version : oooh the agony !!

11-07-2012, 10:39 AM
????????? ????? ????????? ? ??????

Is there any help for me. I suffer from severe sinusitis. Or at least that's what the specialists say. My problem is not so much runny nose etc. I suffer from severe facial pain- my nose , cheeks, jaws and ears.
It So debilitating and affects me often . All that happens is some dry grey discharge when I put water right up my nose and blow or use a nasal rinse. HELP!! Am willing to try different home remedies and natural alternatives.

Dr Joy Saville
11-07-2012, 12:21 PM
-Use a saline spray to help moisten the nasal passages
-Mix a solution of 1 cup warm water, tsp of sea salt and a pinch of biocarbonate of soda. Use a squeeze spray bottle to instill the solution in the nostrils, one side at a time. Repeat this procedure 3-4 times a day as necessary for relief from stuffiness. (this is probably not applicable to you)
-Use steam inhalations ease pressure. Use a pot of boiling water and place a few drops of eucalyptus, rosemary oil or blackseed winter oil/ointment. Put your face over the pot and cover with a towel. Breathe in deeply. Do this several times a day for 5-10 minutes.
-do a massage over the cheek area as well as above your eyebrows with blackseed winter oil/ointment
-cut out all white flour products and sugary foods until the inflammation subsides
-eat lots of hot foods like soups and stews made with lots of vegetables. Add garlic, ginger, chillies, cinnamon, fenugreek, tumeric to your foods
-make ginger and honey tea
-make an cold fighting drink using a quarter tsp of freshly chopped green chili, fresh garlic, fresh ginger. Add the juice of 1 lemon and a tbsp of honey. Repeat this 3-4 times during the day
-Please see acupressure points for relieving sinusitis and hayfever http://www.herbalshop.com/Acupressure/Acupressure_10.html
- Some natural medication that you can try includes Tibb Sinugraine tablets, Tibb Septoguard tablets, and Blackseed capsules.
- Cupping therapy can also be done to encourage blood flow and healing in that area

Dr Joy Saville
BSc (CHS). BCM (UTM) Summa Cum Laude
Unani-Tibb Medicine

Always consult your healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information your own situation.

11-07-2012, 02:52 PM
you may also have a condition called trigeminal neuralgia. Ask your GP/ENT specialist to consider this & refer you to a neurologist.