PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Muslim schools

Tazz
10-03-2015, 01:08 PM
Slms. I am sooo frustrated. Trying to find a decent school for my toddlers in the south of Jhb is a nightmare. I am trying to avoid travelling to Lenasia so I am currently looking at all options surrounding me...There are +-20 schools within a 20km radius but ALL Christian / Catholic schools. I was looking forward to putting my kids into the Muslim school BUT I was very disappointed at the school. Their fees are very reasonable but absolutely no thought was put into designing that school. It seems to be just an office block made into a school. The kids play on the tarred car park with no benches or playground equipment, & this is a primary school. I know they are waiting for funds to add all these extras but why does our muslim community spend thousands on building mosques within a few km radius of each other & not rather invest all that money on providing our Muslim kids with better schools. If these Christian schools allowed my son to leave on Fridays to mosque & my daughter to wear pants with her dress, I would have no choice but to send my kids to these schools.

Unregistered
12-03-2015, 12:13 PM
For toddlers what about cheeky monkeys in ridgeway, for primary he have you tried Mayfair , theirs suffah institute, maktabatur rabiya at Jamestown masjid, also Apax in Auckland Park, else try that new school near Lakewood, pioneer primary I think

Unregistered
12-03-2015, 12:24 PM
Try Kids Academy or JMS Nursery School, both are in Mayfair, in the same street

Unregistered
12-03-2015, 04:11 PM
The comment regarding mosques is ignorant and childish. I do not think that you are looking for a Muslim school but rather a cheap school with all the bells and whistles. The Christian schools in the south of joburg do allow the boys to leave early on Friday for Jummah and they also allow the females to wear hijab. All you need to do is pay the money.

Unregistered
12-03-2015, 08:48 PM
All schools wether christian or Muslim will allow boys to leave for prayers. Dress codes are also flexible be pro active approach the school. Good luck.

xxx
13-03-2015, 01:17 PM
Jzk for the feedback on suggestions of schools...

With regards to the Christian schools, I have been to Waterstone College (Not Allowed), Hartford college (Not Allowed), Marist Brothers High school allows But their Primary school doesn't (run by different principal).

My only choice now is a muslim school in lenasia which has all that I want BUT I would have to travel, Whereas if Muslim school is so close to me but NO facilities.

xxx
13-03-2015, 02:06 PM
With regards to the comment about me being childish / ignorant about the mosques, Am I wrong in saying that there was no need to build that BIG mosquewhen there is one just few km awa, rather invest that money in muslim school for better facilities..

I am definitely NOT looking a CHEAP school with all the bells & whistles as u put it, Just the RIGHT school which can come at any cost.
Please do name these Christian schools that allow leaving to mosque & wearing hijab, because I will definitely put it on my list of schools to see. The few I have been to doesn't allow it & yes, they are not cheap.
So I have been to the most expensive & even considered good government schools BUT their numbers of 35-40 in a class is just something I'm not too happy about.

Unregistered
14-04-2015, 10:39 AM
shukr to the more masjids being built for the population to see our growing faith.
if you are so fussy in sending your children to a school that caters for muslims, why live in an area where it is predominantly christian?
whatever your reasons are for living wherever you are is your business but parents must consider the upbringing of children and the environment they are to be brought up in.
schools take time to establish and shukr to the muslim schools coming up in the predominantly non muslim areas, so if the education provided is good at this new up and coming school, then just send your children and let them grow with the school.
regarding your question to the building of fancy masjids and money being thrown that way, write a letter for newspapers to publish so that the greater community be made aware to focus on education too.

Unregistered
19-06-2015, 11:16 AM
My dua for both concerned parties is that better aklaaq and appropriate ways of expressing and addressing each other is developed within you. Fee amaanillah.